At Fox Brothers (Lancashire) Ltd…
We have a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery, and are fully committed to preventing slavery and human trafficking in our operation and supply chain. We have taken organised steps to tackle modern slavery, as outlined in our statement.
We recognise that the execution of our services involves labour being procured throughout our business and supply chains and understand that this entails the risk that modern slavery may take place.
This statement sets out the actions that we have taken to understand all potential modern slavery risks related to our business, and to implement steps to prevent slavery and human trafficking.
Fox Brothers (Lancashire) Ltd is a family owned business with the head office based in Blackpool, Lancashire. Our main services we provide include haulage, earthworks, contracting, tipper hire, demolition and concrete. Primarily operating within the North West region however we do supply across the UK.
We establish a relationship of trust and integrity with all our suppliers, which is built upon mutually beneficial factors. Our supplier selection and on-boarding procedure includes due diligence of the supplier’s reputation, respect for the law, compliance with health, safety and environmental standards, and references. We haven’t been made aware of any allegations of human trafficking/slavery activities against any of our suppliers, but if we were, then we would act immediately against the supplier and report it to the authorities.
Fox Brothers (Lancashire) Ltd operates the following policies and processes for identifying and preventing slavery and human trafficking within our operations:
Whistleblowing Policy – We encourage all employees, customers and suppliers to report any suspicion of slavery or human trafficking without fear of retaliation and will ensure all communication is kept fully confidential to protect whistle-blower’s identity.
Code of Conduct – Our code of conduct encourages employees to do the right thing by clearly stating the actions and behaviour expected of them when representing the business. We strive to maintain the highest standards of employee conduct and ethical behaviour when operating on behalf of the business and managing our supply chain.
Supplier due diligence – Fox Brothers (Lancashire) Ltd conducts due diligence on all new suppliers during on-boarding and monitors existing suppliers at regular intervals.
Performance – We are committed to implementing effective systems and processes to ensure best performance in operating a zero-tolerance policy towards any acts of modern slavery within our business and throughout our supply chains.
Integrity – We are committed to ensuring that there is transparency in our business and in our approach to tackling modern slavery that is consistent with our disclosure obligations under the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
Respect for People and Communities – We believe that modern slavery violates fundamental human rights and we are committed to play our part in ensuring that this does not take place within our community.
In adhering to the above policies and processes, in particular we will:
- Include, as part of our contracting processes within our supply chain, obligations to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
- Encourage openness and provide support to anyone who raises genuine concerns in good faith under this statement, even if they turn out to be mistaken.
- We are committed to ensuring that no one suffers any detrimental treatment as a result of reporting in good faith their suspicion that modern slavery of whatever form is, or may be, taking place in any part of our own business or in the businesses of any of our supply chains.
We require all suppliers to attest that:
- They don’t use any form of forced, compulsory or slave labour
- Their employees work voluntarily and are entitled to leave work
- They provide each employee with an employment contract that contains a reasonable notice period for terminating their employment
- They don’t require employees to post a deposit of any sort or withhold salaries for any reason
- They don’t require employees to surrender their passports or work permits as a condition of employment
They ensure all employees where applicable are paid national minimum wage and are over the age of 16 years.
Fox Brothers (Lancashire) Ltd has raised awareness of modern slavery issues by putting up posters across our facilities and sending an e-mail that is focused specifically on modern slavery to all our staff, which explains:
- Our commitment in the fight against modern slavery as a responsible employer
- Red flags to be cautious of for any potential cases of slavery or human trafficking
- Process employees should take to report suspicions of modern slavery
Our employees are collectively and personally responsible for the communication, understanding and practical application of this statement. This statement will be made available to all new employees at recruitment stage and to our supply chain including any other interested parties upon request. Revisions will be communicated to those affected by the changes.
Our employees have a personal responsibility to report any actual or suspected instances of modern slavery throughout the business or supply chain to the Fox Brothers (Lancashire) Ltd’s legal advisor.
Breaches of this statement will be dealt with under Fox Brothers (Lancashire) Ltd’s disciplinary procedures, and could lead to dismissal in appropriate circumstances.
We Provide Haulage, Earthworks and Demolition Solutions!
Do you need help with anything? Fill out this form to get in touch.